Centre for Institution Building and Leadership Studies (CIBLS)
Institution building is empowering people with a distinct approach, attitude, and motivation, behavioural and technical skills to facilitate them for achieving better performance levels. Institution building is capacity building of people.
We, at CIBLS, believe that it is the people who transform the societies and build the nations through their organisations and institutions. Our effort is to train and equip the people working at various levels in the hierarchy of the organisations. Irrespective of the type of the organisations and the causes for which they are established, they need to develop "Tomorrow's Leaders" from among their Trustees, employees and voluntary workers.
Capacity Development for Educational InstitutionsThe Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini (RMP), India's unique training and research institute has actively been engaged in the capacity building of the workers of voluntary organisations and people's representatives at various levels. Since a few years, RMP has taken another initiative in its forte of training, by launching its wing for comprehensive training in Institution Building.
BackgroundThe impact of privatisation, globalisation and liberalisation is not far to seek in trade and businesses. And since there are no water tight compartments the impact of these processes is also felt in education sector. To remain ahead and relevant in this era of cut-throat competition these institutes need to internalize changes and review their way of functioning in the light of changing times. Schools, colleges, their parent bodies as also Universities are facing innumerable challenges in the evolving circumstances and are forced to reinvent themselves.
Here comes in the role of CIBLS. The Centre for Institution Building and Leadership Studies (CIBLS) was launched as an independent entity in 1997 for the overall capacity building mainly of those in the sector of education. Later, co-operative banking was also brought under the wing of CIBLS.
- To undertake comprehensive capacity building exercises for the management as well as teaching and non-teaching staff members of schools, colleges and Universities and similar institutions mainly with a view to inculcating.
- Consciousness about institutional responsibilities, institutional ethos, and the wiser context of institutional functioning
- A sound understanding of the process of institution building
- Leadership Skills
- Team Spirit and a sense of Collective Responsibility
- Understanding of the importance of work culture and quality functioning
- All relevant functional skills and abilities