पुणे मराठी ग्रंथालयाच्या १११ व्या वर्धापन दिनानिमित्त रामभाऊ म्हाळगी प्रबोधिनी संचलित डॉ. बाबासाहेब आंबेडकर अभ्यासकेंद्र ग्रंथालयाचे ग्रंथपाल दिलीप नवेले यांना साहित्यसम्राट न. चिं. केळकर पुरस्काराने सन्मानित करण्यात आले…
Ever since its establishment in 1993, The ‘Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Abhyas Kendra Granthalaya’ has been an invaluable asset for citizens, students and researchers in generating social, political, and cultural awareness, as well as enhancing leadership qualities of social activists, people’s representatives, and nationalists. Boasting a huge collection of books, research projects, periodicals, CDs & DVDs, articles & clippings from various newspapers and magazines and much more, this library has been instrumental in providing the environment and resources conducive for individual research, as well as enabling teaching and learning activities.
Situated at the heart of Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini’s KEC, surrounded by lush green, well-maintained lawns and ornamental plants, the library houses rare books on a variety of subjects such a Hinduism, Social Sciences, Literature, Communism, Nationalism, Education, History, Geography, The Constitution of India, and Management. It also subscribes to a host of prominent English, Hindi, and Marathi periodicals and newspapers. In addition to this, the library showcases a collection of CDs covering informative documentaries of various projects, inspiring socio-political speeches, theses, dissertations, and independent project & research reports, making it a hub of all intellectual possessions at the Prabodhini.
Apart from dedicated audio and video rooms for its patrons, the library also offers a host of other facilities such as lending service, reference service, internet browsing, and photocopy services etc. It also offers fellowships programmes for students, teachers, and researchers to conduct research on a specific subject / topic. The library is currently established as a public library, and has been recently awarded with a ‘B Grade’, a prestigious status for a public library, by the Directorate of Libraries, the Government of Maharashtra.
Members of the library can also access its services at the Mumbai branch located at Wadala.
- To serve patrons by satisfying their information needs
- To create awareness about the current socio-economic and political affairs, as well as developments at the regional, national and international levels among its users
- To serve as a research library providing reference, documentation and information services to the research scholars in social sciences
- To provide the resources required for continued self-education
- To collect classics of english, hindi, and marathi literature
- To acquire and make available to the public with the personal collections of eminent people from society
Reference Library Collection Details (CRID)
|Geography and History||Management|
|Constitution of India||Education|
Dilip Navele, Librarian
022-24136966 / 28450101, 02, 03
डॉ. बाबासाहेब आंबेडकर अभ्यासकेंद्र ग्रंथालयाचे ग्रंथपाल दिलीप नवेले यांना पुणे मराठी ग्रंथालयाच्यावतीने ग्रंथालय क्षेत्रात उल्लेखनीय काम करणा-या कार्यकर्त्याला ( ग्रंथपाल) दिला जाणारा साहित्यसम्राट न. चिं. केळकर पुरस्कार जाहीर झाला असून ज्येष्ठ साहित्यिका मा. डॉ. संगीता बर्वे यांच्या अध्यक्षतेखाली मंगळवार दिनांक १८ ऑक्टोबर २०२२ रोजी देण्यात येणार आहे.
Audio - Visual Section
The library has a special audio/video room with a 21″ color television and DVD player. This room can accommodate a maximum of 4 people at a time. Users can enjoy these facilities by paying Rs. 50 as the deposit amount. Bhartiya Chitra Sadhana has donated its valuable archive films (Negatives and Positives) of RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh) related organisations from the year 1953 to the library. Vasant Joshi, a senior member of Bhartiya Chitra Sadhana, had undertaken an initiative for this.
- Arranging book exhibitions in the library for different programmes, which is held in its training complex
- Fellowship programme for students, teachers and researchers to conduct research on specific subjects
- Residential Research Fellowship
- Residential Research Fellowship Programme – In this residential fellowship research programmes, any individual can participate for research on a particular subject and he can be sponsored by the Prabodhini
Working Hours (Mumbai – Bhayander): Monday to Saturday: 10.00 A.M. – 6.00 P.M.
Sundays and Public Holidays Closed
Membership fee: Rs. 1000
A life member can get 2 books / 2 audio cassettes / 2 CDs / 1 magazine / 2 video cassettes at a time and same should be returned within 2 weeks. The member will not be expected to pay a deposit for any of the information services.
Membership fee: Rs. 320
Registration fee: Rs. 20
Deposit: Rs. 150
Annual fee: Rs. 15
Membership fee: Rs. 215
Registration fee: Rs. 20
Deposit: Rs. 150
Quarterly fee: Rs. 45