Vilasrao salunkhe chair
Late Vilasrao Salunkhe, a great visionary, promoted the concept of equitable water distribution through his work in the area of water rights at the grassroots level and termed it as ‘Jan Panchayat’. In his memory, as a tribute to his work and his dream of building consensus among various political parties on equitable water distribution, RMP has constituted a chair named ‘Vilasrao Salunkhe Chair’. This unique arrangement will serve as a platform for all water related research activities and will enable grassroots experiences to be dovetailed in the policy framework of the water sector.
To raise awareness of water issues among decision makers and the general public to foster the political will, necessary to achieve the targeted goal of ‘Water For All’ and ‘Water – Everybody’s Business’.
- To generate political commitment to the national cause of water scarcity through the process of dialogue delivery
- To build capacities of the elected representatives at all levels, to stand for the cause pertaining to the water sector
- To develop various training modules exclusively designed for the elected representatives explaining governance challenges in water sector and building consensus on best practices involved to handle them
- To establish a state-of-the-art water resource centre, documenting innovative/alternative action plans and conducting research in the water sector, useful for professionals, academics and the society at large
Structure and Funding Sources
Vilasrao Salunkhe Chair is currently located at Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini’s training complex at Bhayander, an extended suburb of Mumbai. A full time researcher at the Chair would help to carry out the aforesaid objectives and would be mainly responsible for training and research activities. A panel of advisors including experts in social, technical, economic and environmental factors affecting water problems is also available to provide their valuable inputs and guidance. The initial funding for the Chair has been committed by the Accurate Group of Industries, Pune. The managing committee of the chair will approach various national and international donor agencies for any future plans. Like-minded individuals / institutions interested in the activities of the chair can contribute in cash / time input. Cheques can be drawn in favour of Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini A/C Vilasrao Salunkhe Chair.
- Kalpanatai Salunkhe| Patron
- Madhav Bhandari| Convener
- Dr Vinay Sahasrabuddhe| Member
- Ravindra Sathe| Member
- Neelesh Kulkarni| Member
- Santosh Gondhalekar| Member
+91-22-28450101 / 2/ 3