Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini
Established in 1982, RMP is a unique Training and Research Academy, primarily aimed at enhancing the capabilities of voluntary activists and elected representatives of the people. RMP has an excellent state-of-the-art training facility spread over 15 acres of land on the outskirts of Mumbai, known as Knowledge Excellence Centre (KEC).
One of the greatest challenges that Humanity faces today is the ‘CRISIS IN LEADERSHIP’. It is due to this crisis that we are plagued with the pressing concern for a prospering present and a promising future. Today there is undoubtedly a serious dearth of leadership: “leaders” in the truest sense of the term. Not only is this reflected in the contemporary political scene but, it is experienced practically in every aspect of life; whether its business, academics, culture, literature, social service or sports. We need capable leaders who can steer and collectively, have the passion to guide humanity into a better tomorrow.
In order to re-establish the concept of purpose-driven leadership, it is necessary that individuals are groomed, their talents shaped and their skills honed through training and orientation. Many experts have contemplated the issue of crisis in leadership.
Inspired by the vision of Late Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay the idea was implemented first at the behest of noteworthy and exemplary parliamentarian Shri Rambhau Mhalgi. Later on, Late Shri Pramod Mahajan, the charismatic senior BJP leader helped realize the dream by creating Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini campus at Bhayandar. Shri Mahajan also became the first Chairman of the Prabodhini.
RMP has a rich and diverse experience of 38 years of bestowing capacity building, leadership training and functional training in the government and non-government sectors including bureaucrats, academicians, media and other institutions. In addition to conducting training programmes, RMP has also been active in conceiving and executing research projects concerning socially pertinent issues including those of the backward classes and rural communities.
A unique institutional profile, a proven track record of professional working and subject expertise for more than three decades are reasons that have earned RMP recognitions that further makes it a very competitive and preferred option to execute government programmes, projects or schemes.
With abundant local exposure, understanding and networks, RMP operates nationally through its offices in Delhi, Pune and Mumbai with its headquarters, RMP-Knowledge Excellence Centre (RMP-KEC), in Thane. RMP-KEC is spread over 15 acres in a picturesque locale with world class training infrastructure and a residential capacity of about 250 participants. Corporates, government departments as well NGOs regularly use KEC and its residential facility for conducting their meetings, brainstorming sessions and training.
RMP’s awards and achievements:
- Accorded ‘NGO in Special Consultative Status’ by the United Nations in 2006.
- Research centre affiliated by University of Mumbai
- MoU with Yashwantrao Chavan Academy of Development Administration (YASHADA), Haryana Institute of Public Administration (HIPA) official administrative training institutes of the Government of Maharashtra and Haryana respectively, enabling RMP to execute training and capacity building activities for government offices and employees, conduct studies and third-party evaluation related to government schemes and programmes.
- MoU with Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti, Ministry of Culture to leverage knowledge, expertise and institutional strengths of both the organisations to promote and propagate Gandhian Philosophy through training, capacity building and conducting public awakening programmes.
- RMP is also an approved training partner of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini (RMP) is an autonomous Charitable Trust registered under the Society and Registration act (Registration No. 618 Bom./82) and the Trust Act (Registration No. F – 7863 Bom./82).
It also holds an 80 G Certificate – (Registration No.: DIT (E)/ITO (Tech)80G/1450/2009-2010 (valid from 01.04.2010) as well as the Foreign Currency Regulation Act (FCRA) No. 083780667.