Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini
Registered as a Society in 1982, Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini (RMP) (www.rmponweb.org) was initiated as a unique leadership development academy with an aim to nurture, impart training and capacity building of elected representatives, social workers, as well as people running institutions, organizations, and start-ups. RMP has also been active in conceiving and executing research projects concerning socially pertinent issues including those of the backward classes and rural communities. Additionally, RMP also focuses on undertaking public awakening activities. RMP is one of the unique institutions in the entire South Asia and South East Asia having a special consultative status provided by the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
Since its inception, RMP has trained more than 35,000 people comprising of MPs, MLAs, their associated staff, panchayat office bearers, NGOs, corporate, entrepreneurs, youth, etc.
Based on the objectives of RMP are:
Enhancing the capabilities of voluntary activists and elected representatives of the people
Conducting seminars, workshops, consultations, discussions on various socio-political issues and the issues of national interest.
Conducting ideation to enterprise workshops at colleges, Universities, as well as common training centres to promote entrepreneurship and innovation, across the country but with a specific focus on Maharashtra
Organize regular training and capacity building workshops for start-ups teams to help them understand and resolve the business and ecosystem challenges
With abundant local exposure, understanding and networks, RMP operates nationally through its offices in Delhi, Pune, and Mumbai with its headquarters in Thane.
RMP has also established Indian Institute of Democratic Leadership (IIDL) (www.iidl.org.in) as a unique institution in India promoting democratic leadership and developing and shaping youth of today to take up the responsibility of political leadership. Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Leadership, Politics, and Governance (LPG) is a unique inter-disciplinary course designed to bridge the gap between young talent and India’s democratic political entity and governance.
RMP-Knowledge Excellence Centre (RMP-KEC) (https://
RMP’s awards and achievements:
- Accorded ‘NGO in Special Consultative Status’ by the United Nations in 2006.
- Research centre affiliated by University of Mumbai
- MoU with Yashwantrao Chavan Academy of Development Administration (YASHADA), Haryana Institute of Public Administration (HIPA) official administrative training institutes of the Government of Maharashtra and Haryana respectively, enabling RMP to execute training and capacity building activities for government offices and employees, conduct studies and third-party evaluation related to government schemes and programmes.
- MoU with Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti, Ministry of Culture to leverage knowledge, expertise and institutional strengths of both the organisations to promote and propagate Gandhian Philosophy through training, capacity building and conducting public awakening programmes.
- RMP is also an approved training partner of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini (RMP) is an autonomous Charitable Trust registered under the Society and Registration act (Registration No. 618 Bom./82) and the Trust Act (Registration No. F – 7863 Bom./82).
It also holds an 80 G Certificate – (Registration No.: DIT (E)/ITO (Tech)80G/1450/2009-2010 (valid from 01.04.2010) as well as the Foreign Currency Regulation Act (FCRA) No. 083780667.