With an aim to set up a centre that will be the bedrock of policy research, knowledge dissemination and a catalyst for good governance, Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini commissioned Nation First Policy Research Centre (NFPRC), a policy think-tank based out of New Delhi. As the name suggests, NFPRC is dedicated to nation building, knowledge creation and solving India’s pressing policy problems. Guided by the principles of Antyodaya, Sarvodaya and Gram Swaraj, NFRC aims to work closely with the government in order to advance relevant policies and effective on-ground implementation.
- Study the existing and upcoming government policies, schemes and regularly provide research-based inputs and recommendations; and propose policy reforms to the government, in alignment with the ‘Nation First’ philosophy.
- Design and implement policy decision-making for the government by helping disseminate veracious information and providing timely feedback on ground-level challenges.
- Aggregate and build on existing research on policy issues by identifying and further researching areas that will be beneficial for successful implementation by the government.
- Grow as a thought leader contributing to the immensely dynamic and evolving public policy space in India and use the power of ideas that come from social and political practices to inform debates and deliberation. Furthermore, channelize these ideas in the right direction for greater impact.
- Finally, build a research-driven policy ecosystem that could be scaled up as a decision-making support system for political leadership.
The Three Pillars of NFPRC
At RMP, we strive to dedicate our work towards producing high-quality scholarship, thoroughly-researched policy inputs, and a practical as well as sustainable design for social impact. And most importantly, it is our endeavour to create a committed space for a robust public discourse to nurture. By in-depth examination of government policies and providing rigorous research-based inputs, we seek to propose creative policy solutions using systems thinking and second-order principles to help implement policies on the ground in close consultation with the government and public institutions. Research support in the form of situational analysis papers, approach papers, policy design papers as well as monitoring & evaluation functions would be provided to assist the governments and country’s legislature in their research and informing more thoughtful legislations.
We complement our research by engaging with key stakeholders obtaining their insights for an efficacious and informed decision making. Furthermore, we seek to take our research forward to engage with the government at all levels and in various capacities. At NFPRC, we want be an active voice in policy-making and on-ground implementation by way of engagement with both state and non-state actors, citizen’s groups, policy experts and entrepreneurs. We leverage our internal capacities, networks and resources to facilitate the provision of expertise to be able to contribute actively to the discourse on selected issues.
Systematic efforts are undertaken to capacitate internal and external functionaries. Discussions and brain-storming sessions to foster a greater understanding of the economic, technical and political underpinnings of issues so as to be a part of the conversations around it are a commonplace at NFPRC. We premise our support to the government on extensive research and incisive prescriptions obtained through both, peer-reviewed research for long term projects, as well as quick-turnaround research for actionable agenda.
If you believe in taking a well-grounded, multi-disciplinary and evolutionary approach to policy problems and align with the idea of ‘Nation First’, do check the opportunities currently available.